"I learned to adopt a persona. One that fits his preferences. I was careful not to do anything that would make him angry. If I behaved like this or did that, he wouldn't get mad. He might even praise me. I changed my tastes to match. Ever since, I've been switching between personas. Live your own life. Those words left me stunned. What did I like? What did I want to do? After spending most of my life trying to live as someone else wanted. I'd apparently forgotten who I was. So I decided to just pick appropriate personas based on the situation. Ironically enough, I prided myself on being able to guess what other people wanted. But I've started to lose my touch. Then maybe, eventually, I'll just fade away." - Iori Nagase (Kokoro connect)
I've not been watching overdue animes lately. Which basically means the better animes. The last 2 were Jinrui and Shinsekai. Both were really good for me. Especially Shinsekai. But now, I guess, Kokoro connect introduces some really heart wrenching and heartwarming aspects too. 4/17 I'm prepared for better things to come. And at the meantime, reflect about life. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment