Wednesday, January 1, 2014

1 year has passed by quickly. Last year at this time, I am probably rushing my kpop list of 2012 and doing SSEF work at the same time. SSEF was like the only thing on my mind hahas. But through the minds, so many things that I did not expect happened. Unlike 2012. =P This year was full of surprises. And let's see. If I can recall all the wonderful moments and reminisce using the limited amount of time that I have now (before I go out towards Marina Bay=P).

The year began. With the usual orientation. Well this year's orientation isn't the most memorable to be honest (cause of SSEF) but I still enjoyed my juniors' performances. I still remembering criticizing a lot on the models, cardboard work and designs with Joo Kee, Jie Ren and Yos hahas. Partly also because I was into such hands-on work at that time in preparation for my archi portfolio.

Then there was a lot of things happening in 605 classroom. I was with 605 almost throughout the whole year. Unlike in 2012 when I don't even know where the 505 classrooms was. So this year. I recall 605 doing up their back notice board and playing charades/taboo in class. And there was that cooking session at Boon Chong's house in the 1st month of school. What a way to start the new year!:3 It was great. Stayed till really late and learned murderer for the 1st time in life.

Ahhh and murderer. That game went on for the next few months. We even played it during World Cancer Day volunteering hahas. And I remember how I got pulled into trying Candy Crush during 1 of our murderer sessions. I didn't play much after that though. I onlyched Daryl, Kian Wee or Dion play on their phones. It was only until April that I started playing on my own. And even dragged my mom in. =P And yeah. 8 months later. Max levels on both stories muahahaha. Well. Great bonding with my mom though it wasted quite a bit of both of our time. =B

And then, there was Running Man. It's sweet to remember all the random games that we created and adopted out of no where. Things that I have created like treasure hunts. Things that Dion have done like the virus games. Things that Daryl have done like the mini games, murdurer and stuff. They were all efforts that weren't futile. Things happened and we probably don't have the luxury of time and space to do something like that so carefreely next time. Well since most event/camp games are really rushed and all.

Okay so much for all the fun, let's skip back to a bit of the more academic stuff. First in lineeeeeee, EG1109, Statics and Mechanics of materials! An A- for an NUS module that I am insanely passionate in. Though not an A. =P All the self studying and analyzing on catanaries and beams, stress and strain, truss and machines, torsion and bending. It was great fighting on this journey alongside Eric and now, he's flying planes, getting licenses and all. And then there was SSEF and A*Star talent search. All the poster and report preps for -Prediction methodology for blast loading effects in underground tunnels- . And then eventually the presentation day. It feels great, the whole journey, because apart from NJRCs as my 1st, this was the 2nd time I ever placed in so much effort into exploring and achieving something. This year's blessed since a 3rd came for me in July for SSC so yeah. :3 Credits of hard work especially to Tze How for the design, Yos for the calculations and Zeee for the Chem.

Wow. Such a long post that I have here. Hahas. Ohh well you can't blame me. My life's just too fulfilling this year. =P Speaking of fulfilling, it's also an eye opener for me in 2013 since I got 2 school overseas trip to CERN and Kaohsiung (I wanted Nanao! But ohhh well). I'm sorry that I kept whining for the past 5 years that I do not have a trip but hey. My concern was legit though it's fulfilled now. To keep it short, in summary, CERN thought me how engineering feats are actually done and that I should not let such fear hinder me in my progress towards building development, learning and life. After all, for all things tedious, it's determination and resolve that will bring me far in life. For Kaohsiung, I was amazed with how public areas can create such a bustling and active lifestyle among their communities and youths. From the street markets and the urban beaches to the public stadiums and the bike share schemes, it showed me how their urban lifestyle can be exciting, active and inclusive for both young and old while Singapore can't.

Back in Singapore, back in Jurong Spring, I continued my occasional work at MPS. The key turning point in my life was probably my induction into YEC. I joined a happy family and bonded during NACLI camp, BGM and I am still familiarizing with everything. I still can't do much despite my fire so I hope I will take it slow in 2014. My dreams are still big though but I still have loads to learn so let's just see how thinga go. I was pulled in into Empower just lately and on a separate case, my journey in analyzing policies of my forte also began through many stuff. First there was the Bicycle rack against theft design competition where I spent weeks doing ground work at Lakeside mrt. Then there was cool ideas for HDB where I proposed bicycle shelf designs for flats and biking strategies in general. And then coincidentally, my recent CLC work involves biking too! Unplanned. Perfect coincidence. :D Which is why I now feel so strongly on several biking related developments. And I really hope some of my proposals will come true some how amidst the barriers faced with agencies and practicalities.

Lastly, the beautiful end to the past 72 months of my life. Sounds small doesn't it? A 2 digit number. Yeah. In 70 blinks of my eye, last day of lessons came. 1 more blink, it's Farewell assembly. Yet another blink, it's convocation, graduation and prom. It's over. Yeah. All the moments can only be reminisced now. But still, it's sweet. Bittersweet.

Ohhh well okay I don't wanna bore whoever (including myself) who's reading my shitty narrating so yeah. Had a fruitful 2013, hope for a fantastic 2014! High school life is over, it's now into real life and survival. And for my 2014 resolution! I wish for my dreams, hard work and my meeting of new friends to be sustained while I take a long deserved mental rest and focus on my physical and psychological well-being. Yeah. It's 1:21am now. I'm still stuck at Raffles Place. Good luck to me. And good night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment