Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saying hi from CERN!(: Gonna be a really short post from since I dont really have much of a motivation to type much. :3

1st things 1st, I was pretty amazed by the architecture here I guess. Well I guess it all started when I arrived at Zurich's airport. The shape of the design was pretty simple and the materials use were simple in some sense. The entire design was pretty much brutalistic with a small tint of modernist architecture so yeah. Probably not the most gorgeous curves or colours a layman would expect. And to be honest actually, me too (apart from the fact that Ive always considered the possibilities of a cultural/historical reason). That was until I kinda received change including a CHF10 note and wow, I NEVER KNEW Le Corbusier was born (active? Or perhaps not) in Switzerland. So yeah. I havent done much research but it probably explains why. :D

Moving on, the next few buildings in sight basically had the similar types of simplicity and style as the Zurich airport. Geneva airport. CERN hostel reception building. Balexert shopping mall. Etc. They all pretty much share that simplicity despite the various structural differences so yeah. One of the main things left that I have yet to do would be to visit Geneva's old town and main city (TOMORROW YAYYYYY!:B) by checking out the "influenced by capitalism" kinda buildings. =P

So yeah. I guess I shall stop now. I actually wrote a paragraph right at this spot initially but I deleted it inhumanely all thanks to a certain someone. Also because that particular paragraph had a horrible amount of awkward sentences and syntax so yeah.

Bb!(:

PS. I hurts when I used to think that no one actually reads my blog. But now, it hurts even worse to think that someone's going to respond negatively towards whatever that I write. Haiz. ;-;

No comments:

Post a Comment