Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Long overdue outings

Hahas. It's gonna be so weird for me to recount of SUPER OLD stuff but oh well. It certainly is an experience worth remembering so yeah. Why not?(:

WARNING: Long post ahead!:3

27th May 2011


Ahahas! This day was initially the boring day: Script-checking. :3 So as usual, everyone reached sch at 7:45 for flag raising and it was quite sienn. Got our progress reports. Mine was still the same as before, and I'm not rly satisfied with it but oh well. GOT TO JYS NEXT SEM!8D

Sososo, after about 1+ hr, we're released already! Awesome right?=P Then Joo kee and I played soccer with the usual ex-07 people for quite some time. Then that's where all the fun started. After playing soccer, Joo kee + me took 196 to Clementi Central. We chatted like mad about random stuffs on the way! MRT & Service & Common Sense!:P Ohoh and then, I bought a MR BEAN PLUSHIE OMG!=D It's damn cute but I had to stuff it into my small lil bag. =X Hahas. Then we took mrt to Tanjong Pagar and visited the URA centre and had lunch Maxwell Food Court. URA Centre was damn cool. I went for the "Richard Rogers + Architects: From the House to the City" exhibition, and it was rly nice. It's like all the architectural sketches and descriptions on how the famous architects use space to create a building/structure. It's actually rlyrly cool. ;D

After dat we kinda walked past 珍珠大厦 at Outram Park, and took a bus to Plaza Sing. Actually nthn much to do there derh la. Just went to Yamaha AGAIN, to touch of the keyboards, and this time, the piano too!xP AND FINALLY, we went to Kinokuniya at Orchard for Joo Kee to browse thru his awesome collection of Japanese magazines and books! Hahas. His forte & hobby!<3 As for me, I went to look at the Nichijou book coverings and collectibles which were indeed rly quite cool. I saw interior design reference books too OMG! There were many amazing and beautiful pictures found in those books. –thumbsup- x)

Lalala!~[:


9th June 2011


Hahas. This day, for some reason, was quite a stressful day. I’m having a “formal” presentation at DSTA for my SMP research project. Initially I kinda pictured in my mind that there’s gonna be lots of people and that it’ll be quite scary, but no. It turns out to be only a discursive presentation in a room of 2 people + my mentor. XD So, it went out better than I expected, and I rly got lots of practical and nice feedbacks frm the experienced engineers. In fact, it was quite… FUN!=P Oh and yes, I saw Adrian at DSTA. Nvr rly knew he worked there. Coincidences. x) Afterwards, the 3 “elders” even brought Ryan and I to some cool (not rly posh though) café. It’s called “Four leaves” I think. And I ordered a cup of “short white” coffee, and a slice of some cheesy carrot cake thingy. Delicious! Omnomnom!:3

Next, my curiosity made me walk along Jln Bt Merah in search of a weird place called the Petro tower. There’s a mini art exhibition called “The form of emptiness”, and so I decided to go have a look at it. When I was there it was damn weird lol. There was totally no one at the viewing gallery, and the door was even locked. But luckily, just as I was abt to leave, the cleaning aunty kinda opened the door for me to enter. Yay!;D So the place vry quiet, and I got to enjoy myself in a big room filled with a bunch of abstract art pieces that costs abt $2000 - $5500. It’s actually quite cool la, cos the artist actually attempted to use many many small circles of multiple levels of colour and texture on a fully white background to portray a perceived image, and the essence of emptiness. Hahas. Sounds so CHEESY lol. But yeah. It’s basically just ABSTRACT. xD

Thenthenthen I took Bus 855 to MacRitchie reservoir cos I FINALLY agreed to go for hiking with Mr Fadhir!=D It’s my 1st time there so yeah. I rly liked the view of MacRitchie’s water. Very relaxing. 8D So, with Mr Fadhir and Jon, we started by walking along the tree top walk path. Then, it kinda got a bit boring after a while and we started hunting for “SHORT-CUTS”!:P And somehow, those short-cuts all link to the bungalows of the nearby ppl derh. So, there was this short-cut, where we somehow kinda decided to continue on this detour that’s directly along all of the bungalows. Tbh, with my kind of curiosity, this part was kinda like the most interesting part of the whole hike lol. =O BUT, it’s rly scary at some points la cos the grass was rly dense, the path seems nvr ending, and the rocks was super damn steep. 1 slip and POOF. Life’s gone. D: The ending part was less dangerous but no, it was creepy like mad. There were these coloured flag that lead our way so kept on following it. Because of its seemingly religious looks, we initially even thought that it will lead us a shrine or smthn. Luckily, the way was pathed out for us so we finally managed to move out from our adventurous path back into the main path. =X

The remaining parts were just walking, and hence, BORING. ): Tree top walk was slightly cool cos at least I got to have a breathtaking view of all the trees below and far far away. Then we decided to continue walking to Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. So yeah. :X Oh and yeah, the MONKEY part at Rifle Range Rd was also rather interesting. :] THEN COME THE COOL PART. Yes. YET ANOTHER DETOUR. :D Directly on the east of Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, there’s this mountain biking trail that links from Bkt Timah to SINGAPORE ZOO OMG. :O It’s like a path to the CLOUDS and the RAINBOWS!(: Or perhaps as Mr Fadhir says it, it’s the way out to Singapore! Hahas. ;P Andand it was damn funny too cos we kept on seeing ppl running from all directions to go towards the north. BUT, there was none at all whose coming down. So, since we initially decided to go south, Mr Fadhir (and me) rlyrly got that burst of curiosity to find out wad’s up there. “It’s like there’s some kinda attraction up there that’s making everyone go up. But hey, perhaps that was from some kinda dragon killer who killed everyone who’s ascending!” X.X AHAHAS! Awesome fear lol!;) Kay but after that, we weren’t rly that ambitious aldy so we descended frm Bkt Timah hill and went for dinner. For 1, dinner was real nice, so it’s kinda like a gift for 4hrs and 12km of hiking. =]

For one, this ending part of the day was rly an eye-opener for me lorh cos before this, I rly nvr knew that there still exists such a wilderness in Singapore. Hahas. Seems like I’m rly wrong that Singapore’s a fully developed city. xP

Wheeeeeee!~:)


12th June 2011


OH YEAH IT’S FAMILY DAY!XD Yupp^^ It’s day out together, and also a continuation of garden exploration trips around Singapore!=D So this day was actually dedicated to family outing at Kent Ridge Park and Mount Faber Park. Sadly, it’s not rly a picnic kinda thing, but still, isn’t it fun to randomly walk around places, to look at nice views all around and to take pictures?=P I believe so, so yeah!;D

So we 1st went to Reflections@Bukit Chandu that’s inside Kent Ridge Park. It’s a historical site for Singapore, and I rly recommend NUS High for bringing us there during post exam activities. It’s the site where the most fierce battle of Singapore against the Japanese WWII armies were took place. To some ppl it might be boring la but for someone cheesy like me, at least, I found it rather inspirational. :3 Oh and yes, there was this weird but cool man who chatted with us for vryvry long and kinda affected our schedule. Hahas. But still, I have to say that it was to some extent rather worth it listening to him. It’s not rly an inspiration or a lesson, but perhaps more of a reminder to tell me to be thoughtful about life, and to practice ethics consciously/subconsciously. So yeah. CHEESY TTM OMG. xP

Then, after having lunch at Tiong Bahru Market, we set off to Mnt Faber! 1st time there for me too worh so it’s quite interesting!8D We headed to Henderson Waves 1st, and we kept on spotting the Reflection@Keppel Bay lol! This condo’s architecture design is rly vry cool lorh. I wanna live in it OMG!;D Hahas. Apart from that, we also proceeded on to the Terrace Gardens, which had a slightly eerie feel, but nevertheless had an awesome bird’s eye view at the top. =]

The ending part was dedicated to Mnt Faber, where we scouted the Merlion area, and “The Jewel Box”. I TOOK A PHOTO WITH MERLION OMG!x) And, I would have to say that “The Jewel Box” is quite a boring place unless I’m intending to have some cocktail/wine. The view is very much similar to the merlion area too so yeah. On the other hand though, the decorations and the arrangements of the bars in such a cramped space are rather interesting, so it might be worth it to go have a look after all. xP

Conclusion: Views are pretty. Legs are worn out. :3

Smileeeeeee!(:


KAYKAY I KNOW I’VE BEEN TALKING TOO MUCH SO YEAH. SIGNING OFF NOW. BUHBYES!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment